2 x 400kVA ( Duty / Spare ) Back up Diesel Generators for use on a manned Offshore Platform in The UK Southern Sector.
The client required a semi-permanent solution to remove a long term rental back up unit that they had on board. The project lifespan deemed the supply of a fully designed solution to be unviable from both a commercial and delivery perspective.
The project lifespan determined that a standard arrangement Rigsafe set operating in the salt laden atmosphere would suffer rapid and extreme deterioration of its internal components due to high volume unfiltered airflow through the enclosure.
The modification undertaken by installing dampers, two stage coalescor filters and additional heaters reduced the contamination period and extended the operating lifespan in line with the project requirements.
- Base footprint modified to accommodate specific laydown area and fixings.
- Two stage Coalescor filters added to main air inlets.
- Segregated two stage coalsecor filter fitted to engine main air intake.
- Local / Remote operation Battery Isolator.
- Heat and Smoke Detection System
- CO2 Fire Extinguishing System.
- Exhaust system modified to accommodate platform layout.
- Electrically Operated Air Inlet and Outlet Dampers.
Modified, packaged and fully tested in U.K.
Shipped to Platform and installed tested and fully commissioned at site.