- Marine Modifications for Africa [read more]
- Gen Ex Design Enters the African Market [read more]
- Diesel Generator Suitable for Class 1 Div 2 Hazardous Area Use. [read more]
- Semi Submersible Emergency Power [read more]
- NOSPCO - Egypt [read more]
- Middle East Trade Mission [read more]
- Perth WA Australasian Oil and Gas Exhibition. [read more]
- Welcome to 2010 and the new Gen Ex Website [read more]
Marine Modifications for Africa
Early 2011 saw the completion of 2 x 315kVA Generators being modified for use in an offshore environment.
Each unit will be used to operate 3 x 75kW pumps on a project in Africa. The application could see the sets being left switched off for long periods of time with actual operating times being as little as two in eight weeks. In addition to modifying the sets for offshore use it was therefore essential to minimise the level of moisture ingress and to maintain a dry, warm environment within the enclosure.
Budgetary and time constraints prevented the use of a new project specific marine set. However, a SDMO rental specification set proved to be a good base product and through discussions, both with the supplier and the client, Gen Ex Design was able to identify modifications that could be done to enhance the units’ durability in the environment, bearing in mind the key issues of temperature, moisture and humidity.
By undertaking these modifications, Gen Ex Design was able to quickly and cost effectively supply sets which not only complied with mandatory requirements but also provided robust units suitable for short to medium use in an offshore environment.
Once again, Gen Ex Design has demonstrated its ability to respond positively and quickly to a client’s specific requirements. The in-depth knowledge and understanding of such matters has, again, re-affirmed Gen Ex Design’s place at the forefront in the development and supply of power generation equipment for use in offshore and hazardous area locations.